Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Sprouted Wheat Flour Buttermilk Pancakes





I awoke this morning and like any other foodie my first thought was, What's for breakfast? I thought, how about pancakes? I was at Wholefoods the other day & picked up some Organic Sprouted Wheat Flour for another recipe which I'll share later. I decided to make these pancakes with the left over flour I had. This is an awesome recipe for a Sunday family breakfast or brunch. Super easy to make! 

For this recipe I made plane as well as cacao chip pancakes. You can also replace the chips with bananas or blueberries if you'd like. Feel free to doctor them up anyway you want. I like to eat the cacao chip pancakes by its self or with some fresh berries & whipped cream. My daughter likes the plane ones like a PB&J sandwich. 

Recipe as follows

2c Sprouted Wheat Flour 
1 Scoop Purium's Creamy Vanilla Meal Option
1 Scoop Purium's LOVE Super Meal
1&1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
A Pinch of Kosher Salt

2 Cups Buttermilk
3 eggs
2 Tablespoons Agave
2 Tablespoons Coconut Oil

Combine all of the dry ingredients in a bowl. Then in another bowl whisk together the wet ingredients. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients a little at a time till all is incorporated. Do not over mix. The batter should not be runny nor too thick. 


You can use some coconut oil to cook your pancakes in a large skillet. Because this batter is delicate, you will want to cook it at medium to low heat. I have an induction range so my heat was on number 3. Keep in mind that all stove tops are different. Utilize your heat accordingly. And like I said, this batter is delicate, not like your normal pancake batter. You won't see the middle bubble to know when it's time to flip. 


After you've added your cacao chips, bananas, or blueberries, you may immediately flip your pancake. Let the other side cook for a few minutes then take it out & place on a plate or serving platter. Repeat steps to cook the rest of your batter & enjoy! 



For more information on Purium products or to order, click the link at the top right under "My favorite finds...." Follow me on Instagram: @GiveMe_10days and Facebook: Give Me 10 Days. THANKS FOR STOPPING BY!!


Everybody needs love.... Live. Organic. Vegan. Energy. 






2 comments:

  1. These look so yummy! I appreciate the tip about not seeing the bubbles. I would have waited and had burnt bottoms!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No prob love! I learned... Burnt my first one. Haha! Thanks for stopping by love, ENJOY!

      Delete