Friday, May 9, 2014

Berry Vegan Ice Cream Pie

 
I've been on a healthy kick since last November. I'm 31 pounds lighter & I'm loving it!!! I haven't completely changed my eating habits, just change the mentality of how I eat. Yes I still have the occasional slices of pizza from time to time, but I have this amazing tool I can always rely on. Its so fabulous & I totally love it!! Since my huge accomplishment in weight loss, I've been trying to cook & eat healthier. With that said, I'd love to share this wonderful recipe inspired by a few pins I've encountered on Pinterest. 

As you can see, the pic above looks amazingly delicious. And let me tell you, IT IS!!! My whole family loved it, especially the kids! I also bumped up the nutrition level with some fabulous finds from Purium Health Products. Recipe as follows....

Berry Vegan Ice Cream Pie 

FIRST: Line the bottom of a 9" spring form pan with parchment paper & set aside.


The Crust

2c Raw Almonds soaked overnight
1/2c Pitted dates. *If the dates are dry, soak them in a bowl of warm water for 10 minutes, then drain. 
1/4c Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
3 tablespoons  Purium's Organic Tropic Oil

(Purium products can be found by clicking the link at the top right of my page, under "My favorite things...")

Blitz all ingredients in a food processor, till nice & gritty. Crust like consistency. Turn out into your lined 9" spring form pan, spread out & mold to form your crust. 

Slice strawberries & line the walls of the pan to give a pretty finished look when done. Then place in the freezer to set while you make the next layer. 

Creamy Cashew/Banana Filling

2c Cashews 
2 Bananas
1c Dates
1/4c melted Organic Tropic Oil
1/4c Purium's Activated Barley
1/2c Purium's Creamy Vanilla Meal Option
*Non-dairy milk of your choice, as needed (unsweetened) 

Blend ingredients together till smooth & creamy, adding splashes of milk along the way. *1/4 cup should be ok, more or less. When done blending, spoon the mixture into the pan & spread out for your second layer. This will help to push the strawberries out to line the wall. Use a spatula to smooth out the top. 



Berry Topping

1c Frozen Strawberries
1c Frozen Blueberries
6 Dates
1 Banana
*Non-dairy milk of your choice, as needed (unsweetened)

Blend till smooth & creamy adding splashes of milk along the way. Spread over previous layer. Place in freezer to set for 2-3 hours. 

Garnish with the left over frozen blueberries. *Optional: Drizzle with vegan chocolate! YUM! 

Cut & serve. *Let thaw for a few minutes before eating, it'll be creamier if you can wait a few minutes. =)


I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as much as my family has. Please follow me on.... 
FACEBOOK: Give Me 10 Days 
and
INSTAGRAM: @GiveMe_10days 

For more info on Purium & my tool I use to stay on track with my weight. Visit: www.mypurium.com/LisaDeniz You can also text the word PURIUM to the number 55678 for a video tour on the products, the business, & their mission. 

Happy aloha Friday! 


No comments:

Post a Comment